Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And then there was *hot water*!

The biggest news of the day is that, after literally MONTHS of phonecalls and attempts to get someone out to look at the water heater, a plumber came today and there's hot water!!!
Hopefully now it will stop leaking and the floor will dry up and the dehumidifier will stop running *constantly*.


I also located and installed the last doorknob (this one on the living room closet):
Mom stained the wooden threshold in the kitchen:
And I managed to hang curtains (and install curtain rods) in Mom's bedroom:
While I was drilling, I decided to install a smoke detector in her bedroom:and I plugged the CO detector in the middle bedroom.

Nothing planned for tomorrow; we have an appointment on Friday to meet with the kitchen design guy and get the cabinets ordered!