Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cleaning Up the Place

Not much done today. We had decided to take the day off with all the running around we had to do, but did actually get a few hours to squeeze in some things.

G. hauled all the tree debris around front so the village will pick it up. He also counted and we took out SIXTEEN evergreen tree/bushes. Egads!Here's how the back of the house looks now:


I decided to finish up washing the walls and ceilings with bleach water. After all, I "only" had the living/dining room to do. Well, I had the hallway and closets (no biggie) and the GIANT combo living/dining area. I'm pretty sure that the living/dining area is where these people did the majority of their smoking, because I washed everything *three* times and it still isn't totally clean. Gross that when I made a single swipe across the ceiling, it became a white stripe across a disgusting yellow/brownish background. omg... No pictures because it didn't do it justice, but when G. came in, he said, "wow! it looks brighter in here". While I was at it, I decided to wash the kitchen ceiling and walls, too. We're having the kitchen completely re-done, but after seeing how bad the dining area was, I thought the kitchen might be harboring some stinkiness, too. Imagine my surprise to find that the kitchen walls and ceiling are white, too!

No comments: