Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Neighbors Rock!

Despite all the stuff that G. and I had to do this morning, we were still able to get some things done this afternoon and evening.

All the carpet, vinyl flooring, and other BIG crud from in the house was hauled out to the curb and we paid the special pick up fee, so it should be gone by tomorrow.

G. spread mulch on top of the yucky graded dirt we hauled yesterday, and connected the extendable downspouts to the gutters:
I removed all the rest of the staples and carpet tack strips from the hardwood floors.

With help from my sweet neighbor, I scrubbed the ceilings, walls, and trim in all three bedrooms with bleach water, in preparation for painting. I also finished taking down the light switch and outlet plates and removed the (filthy) heating vent covers.

G. (with help from our other sweet neighbor) cut down all the rest of the arbor vitae in back, and knocked down some more fence panels. Now I can see something other than green when I look out my kitchen window! The yard is huge without that stuff.

No comments: